What is Ballroom Beats?
- Ballroom Beats is an "On Demand" music streaming website designed specifically for Ballroom and Latin dancers.
What makes Ballroom Beats different from other music sites?
- The "On Demand" component allows you to pick and play a song, anytime, anywhere. You are also able to search and play music according to dance style!
Can I download music from Ballroom Beats?
- No. All of the music on Ballroom Beats is available via streaming only.
What devices can I use to play Ballroom Beats
- Ballroom Beats can be accessed by PC, Mac and Android and IOS phones/tablets.
Do I need an internet connection?
- Yes. We recommend using a wired (cable) connection or high-speed Internet connection when streaming from your computer. If you are using your phone or tablet, we recommend that you connect to us via WiFi.
How do I cancel my membership?
We're sorry to see you go, but if you'd like to cancel your Ballroom Beats Membership, you can cancel at any time directly through your PayPal account. In order to do that:
1. Login into your PayPal account.
2. Locate one of the payments made to Ballroom Beats. Open it.
3. On the payment info page, on the top, you will see the link to the subscription plan details
4. On the subscription page details there is a link on the bottom "Cancel Subscription".
After you cancel, you will still be able to access your Ballroom Beats account till the end of the paid period.
Alternatively, you may call PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161. You will be required to provide your first and last name, the phone number or email address you provided when you signed up, and the last 4 digits of the credit card you registered.
How much data will I use on my plan if I'm not using WiFi?
- We stream our music at 128 K bit-rate which will require about 1 MB per minute of play. You will get approximately 16-17 hours with 1 GB of data. Over the course of a month, played non-stop, a 128 Kbps, Mp 3 stream could move a chunk of data.
- We recommend pausing the playlists to conserve on your data package. So far we haven't heard of anyone going over on their plans.
Do I have to be a Ballroom dancer to use this site?
- Of course not! We play everything from yesterday's classics to today's top hit's. Only now, you'll know what dance goes with your favorite song!
- The Firefox browser does not support streaming audio properly. Ballroom Beats works great in Safari, Chrome, later versions of Internet Explorer and most mobile browsers. If the play button doesn't play audio, please use one of the recommended browsers.
- Music hiccups. Sometimes on lower speed connections like DSL and/or wireless internet connections, music may start and stop randomly. If you are experiencing this, try and use a wired connection if possible. Also close any other open programs or browser windows to lessen the workload on your playback device. If you are still having problems pleas let us know.
What do you think?
Send us feedback!